Thursday, October 2, 2008

10 Commandments

Bloggers and commenters are very interesting people. People who would never speak in public will write volumes about randomness. People seem to post or comment things they would never say to someone face to face. The cowards will post anonymously so they can bash someone. This ticks me off! There was a recent article written about what bloggers should not do. I thought it had some great insights for us all to keep in mind as we blog and comment.


Ten commandments for bloggers:

1 You shall not put your blog before your integrity
2 You shall not make an idol of your blog
3 You shall not misuse your screen name by using your anonymity to sin
4 Remember the Sabbath day by taking one day off a week from your blog
5 Honour your fellow-bloggers above yourselves and do not give undue significance to their mistakes
6 You shall not murder someone else's honour, reputation or feelings
7 You shall not use the web to commit or permit adultery in your mind
8 You shall not steal another person's content
9 You shall not give false testimony against your fellow-blogger
10 You shall not covet your neighbour's blog ranking. Be content with your own content

You can read the complete article here!

What is your biggest pet peeve about bloggers or commenters as a blogger or blog reader?

2 comments:

Alison said...

Annonoymous comments! Even if it is a positive comment, it drives me crazy not knowing who it is.

I also read a couple of blogs that don't allow comments and I would love to read a discussion that could come from some of the posts.

To each his own, I guess.

Unknown said...

I hate argumentative and nit picky comments. I hate this in real life too - when someone is just picking a fight and highjacks your blog. I have only had ONE anonymous commenter ever and I think it was you or Richard! haha

loved the 10 commandments.